FISU Oceania is pleased to resign an MOU with the Asian University Sports Federation (AUSF). Signed at the FISU Oceania General Assembly held in Geneva on 19 November 2023, the MOU was witnessed by FISU President Mr Leonz Eder.
The MOU extends a long standing relationship between the two Continental University Sport Federations and will reignite collaboration to bring participation opportunities to students from across Asia and Oceania in joint events that include sport and professional development.
Key objectives of the MOU include:
- To align activities with the FISU Global Strategy and contribute to the sustainable development and promotion of university sport worldwide
- To share knowledge, research and training relating to elite and amateur university sport
- To provide university students from Asia and Oceania with opportunities to participate in continental championships or other university sport tournaments where participation enhances the competitive levels of the competition
- To support each other to fulfil roles and responsibilities to promote the development of university sport
- To increase cross continental communication and networks amongst university students
- To work collaboratively on joint events
- To support approved endorsed events held by each Federation
During the signing ceremony, FISU Oceania President Mr David Schmude thanked the President of AUSF Mr Lixin Liu and FISU President Mr Leonz Eder for their support of FISU Oceania. “With the support of FISU, we look forward to again working with our friends from AUSF to bring together, university sports administrators and students for a variety of sport and education events. We understand how much university’s and in particular university students, love international opportunities and we look forward to bringing our two continents together to align these aspirations”.
For more information about or opportunities relating to the MOU, contact FISU Oceania.